Paris, August 26-30 2019
4 events for 1 Fest
The SyntaxFest brings together four events with partially overlapping research topics including
empirical syntax, linguistic annotation, statistical language analysis, and Natural
- Quasy : The Workshop on Quantitative Syntax (August 26)
- Depling : The Conference on Dependency Linguistics (August 27-28)
- TLT : The 18th International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories (August 28-29)
- UDW : The Universal Dependencies Workshop (August 29-30)
The SyntaxFest will take place in the last week of August (Aug 26-30) 2019, in the center of Paris, in the "Grand amphitheatre du Monde anglophone" of the Sorbonne
- Submission deadines: April 28, 2019 for long papers and June 5, 2019 for short papers.
- Acceptance notification: TBA
- Camera-ready version: TBA
- Syntax Fest: August 26-30, 2019
Shared reviewing process
On the submission page, authors submit their paper only once for the whole SyntaxFest,
composed of 4 conferences, but they can uncheck conferences they do not wish their paper to be considered for.
If the paper is deemed appropriate for more than one of the selected conferences,
the SyntaxFest joint organization committee decides on the final placement of the paper,
which implies the day of the presentation and the proceedings the paper will appear in.
Paper submission information
Papers should describe original work; they should emphasize completed work rather than intended work,
and should indicate clearly the state of completion of the reported results. Submissions will be judged on correctness,
originality, technical strength, significance and relevance to the conference, and interest to the attendees.
Long papers (submission deadline April 28, 2019) may consist of up to 10 pages of content (references not included).
All submissions should follow the single-column format and the style guidelines.
We strongly recommend the use of the LaTeX style files, OpenDocument, or Microsoft Word templates
created for the SyntaxFest 2019.
Please find style sheets and instructions for LateX, OpenDocument, and Microsoft Word in
the SyntaxFestStyles.zip file
In order to include reports on last-minute results and work in progress, a second round of submissions of short papers
of up to 4 pages will be organized with a submission deadline of June 12, 2019.
Reviewing of papers will be double-blind. Therefore, the paper must not include the authors’ names and
affiliations. Furthermore, self-references that reveal the author’s identity, e.g.,
“We previously showed (Smith, 1991) …”, must be avoided. Instead, use citations such as “Smith (1991) previously showed”.
Papers that do not conform to these requirements will be rejected without review.
The chairs for each event are:
- Xinying Chen (Xi'an Jiaotong University / University of Ostrava)
- Ramos Ferrer i Cancho (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya)
- Kim Gerdes (LPP, Sorbonne Nouvelle & CNRS / Almanach, INRIA)
- Sylvain Kahane (Modyco, Paris Nanterre & CNRS)
- Djamé Seddah (Paris Sorbonne / Almanach, INRIA)
- Marie Candito (LLF, Paris Diderot & CNRS)
- Kilian Evang (University of Düsseldorf)
- Stephan Oepen (University of Oslo)
- Alexandre Rademaker (IBM Research, Brazil)
- Francis Tyers (Indiana University)
Local organizing committee of the SyntaxFest
- Marie Candito, Université Paris-Diderot (co-chair)
- Kim Gerdes, Sorbonne Nouvelle (co-chair)
- Sylvain Kahane, Université Paris Nanterre (co-chair)
- Djamé Seddah, University Paris-Sorbonne (co-chair)
- Marine Courtin, Sorbonne Nouvelle
- Yixuan Li, Sorbonne Nouvelle
- Luigi (Yu-Cheng) Liu, Université Paris Nanterre
- Chunxiao Yan, Université Paris Nanterre